2015-2016 in Moments

Tuesday, January 03, 2017


2017 has arrived. 

It's the time for New Year's resolutions and promises we'll never keep. Here's mine: to be more honest. More honest about the declarations I start the year with, more honest about the goals I set. More honest about the things I like and dislike. Honest about myself.

Since we're being honest, let's be real about what's going on with this blog. Truth is, I'm terribly bad at updating it on the regular. My readers don't mind (possibly because I don't have any many), but against all odds the blog is still here. It's my baby. Neglected, sure, but you don't throw away your baby just because it didn't really come out right. It's a long-term project that I have to keep coming back to and work on it. Then abandon it again. Hey, no-one said I would make a good parent! So, to all you lurkers who occasionally check by to see if this sad thing is still up - yes, the little sucker ain't going nowhere yet.

But while this is the time where other bloggers publish their year-end reviews and yearly blog stats, I've left my readers high and dry. There was no review last year and there won't be any this year either. Drama Awards, which were my most well-received posts each year, are sadly a bitch to make and because I tend to skip popular dramas more frequently these days, an all-encompassing review seems unrealistic. Drama Awards might make a comeback someday or it might not, but for the time being it's the right course of action to take a break from it. Mian, I shall deeply reflect upon on my shortcomings. 

The best thing I can do now is the following: A collage of my favourite moments from some of the dramas I watched (not necessarily completed) in 2015-2016. Since, for me, dramas have always been about moments - sad, funny, romantic, heart-warming, gut-wrenching, silly - it seems like an appropriate way to conclude the year.

As a closing comment, I wish you happy 2017th, and thank you for coming by to see if I'm still alive. 

Healer (episode 14)
"Don't send me away."

Angry Mom (episode 16)
"You're my niece. You’re the daughter of the brother I accidentally killed."

School 2015: Who Are You (episode 6)
"Couldn't there be at least one person? One person who calls you by your real name. Can I be that person?"

High Society (episode 5)
"Your ears look very weird."
"Don't. I don't like it when somebody touches my ears."
"Even if I'm the one who's touching them?"
"Touch them, touch 'em."

Twenty Again (episode 8)
"Thank you, so much, for being my friend!"

Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami (episode 10)
"I choose to be the me you wrote."

Answer Me 1988 (episode 4)
"Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you"
(UB40 - "Can't Help Falling in Love")

Age of Youth (episode 9)
"I might have been stuck underwater all this time, sinking. Who was it that held me down?"

Five Children (episode 32)
"Are you crying?"

Shopping King Louis (episode 9)
"Come to oppa!"

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Goryeo (episode 11)
"Like the passing wind
Even if you don’t see me
My heart goes toward you"
(Davichi - "Forgetting You")

Drinking Solo (episode 10)
"Professor Min, cheer up. I will stay here tonight."

Jealousy Incarnate (episode 14)
"Are you crazy?"
"For now at least."

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. OMG this is the best post ever!!! I love all the snippets esp Reply 1988's Fools Rush In. I was totally stoked when I saw the episode (which I am still working on it). Thanks for the laugh, babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Nelly. I loved that moment in R88 - so awkward yet oddly swoony.

      Delete
  2. Some perfect moments from some of my favorite dramas! I hope 2017 is a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish you the best in 2017 as well :)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!!! I love your blog ♥

    ReplyDelete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2016 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.