Teaser Trailer for 'The K2'. Also Ji Chang Wook with a Kitten.

Sunday, August 28, 2016


My long-awaited Ji Chang Wook comeback is finally starting to take shape. 

The K2 is an upcoming fall drama series about a former soldier Kim Je Ha (played by Ji Chang Wook) hired as a bodyguard to protect Choi Yoo Jin, the wife (Song Yoon Ah) of presidential candidate Jang Se Joon (Cho Seong Ha). Candidate Jang's secret daughter is Ko An Na (Im Yoon Ah), who suffers from a childhood trauma and thus lives an isolated life. The drama is directed by Kwak Jung Hwan, whose previous works include Conspiracy in the Court and Chuno, and the script comes from Jang Hyuk Rin, the writer of Yong Pal and Reset.


Quite honestly, I'm trying not to anticipate this show, but tvN is already using all kinds of dirty tactics to lure me in. Like this recent still of my darling Ji Chang Wook in with a tiny little frickin' kitten. If you put two things that I adore together like this, how can I defend myself? Since I'm easy, I can't. 

Other stills below show the actor in action on the wrestling mat and dodging punches from baddies.


Besides the stills, tvN also released a 15-second teaser a day or few ago without me even knowing. Apart from looking cool and atmospheric and giving us a tiny glimpse of the three main characters, the teaser doesn't tell us much about the drama, but it does set a tone for what's to come. For one, it seems to go for a more serious, even dramatic mood, which I don't have a problem with, unless the drama goes too melo on me and the serious takes a turn for the ridiculous. Although I never continued Yong Pal after the first episodes, I've heard that this is roughly what happened with that drama. Coming from the same writer, I obviously worry if The K2 will follow the same fate OR if there's a chance it'll actually be decent. I don't really dare to be hopeful, but if tvN is attacking me with kittens, I might get too optimistic for my own good.

The K2 will premiere on September 23rd, taking over the Friday & Saturday time slot, currently occupied by The Good Wife.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.