POPdramatic's 30-Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 23

Thursday, June 30, 2016



Day 23: Drama where the child portion of the story was better than the adult one.

Usually, starting a drama from the characters' childhood can make for a slow and tedious beginning for a story. But sometimes the child portion of the story can be so adorable and so well acted that it ends up being miles better than the adult parts. Here are the kids who I think completely overshadowed the adults:


The Moon Embracing The Sun

This was definitely a case where the kids totally stole the show. It was partly because the kid portion of the story made up for a significant part of the series (nearly 6 episodes) and it was difficult to let them go, but most of all it was because Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Yoo Jung were just so darn cute together. I remember it was pretty hard for me to say goodbye to the kids because I'd grown so attached to them, but also remember the disappointment when I realized the adults didn't have an ounce of the chemistry the kids had. 


My Love Eun Dong

With this drama I wasn't entirely sure about the casting for the kids parts at first since there was a pretty big age gap between Jr. and Lee Ja In, but it worked out surprisingly well. In fact, a bit too well because I couldn't get into the teen and adult versions of the characters after that. The kids had a lovely rapport, with a tiny hint of romance, though it was all kept very innocent and sweet. Mostly, I just found the kids very endearing, while the adults just didn't seem to capture the same vibe.


Missing You

I was a little hesitant to add this one to the list because the child portion was a little traumatic, to say the least. But it was still by far the best part of a drama that was a terrible mess otherwise, and besides Kim So Hyun and Yeo Jin Goo made the best out of a shitty drama and managed to be so compelling to watch. It was beautifully filmed and well acted, so the child portion of the drama remains pretty memorable to me, despite the horrible things happening at the end of it.


Will It Snow For Christmas?

And lastly, I'd like to give an honourable mention for this drama, because I did like the kids in here a lot, though I didn't exactly dislike the adults either. In any case, the young Kim Soo Hyun and Nam Ji Hyun made an intriguing start to the drama and I got very invested in their high school romance. I was a little let down that Han Ye Seul failed to portray the female lead as well as Nam Ji Hyun did, but at least Go Soo carried on the adult story on really well. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.