POPdramatic's 30-Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 22

Wednesday, June 29, 2016


Day 22: Your favourite noona romances.

Okay, this one's a bit easier than the one we had yesterday, but I also feel that I've gotten a lot pickier over time with my noona romances. The idea of older woman-younger man relationships still appeals to me, but dramas with cradle-robbing female leads romancing high school kids don't feel that okay to me anymore, so you won't see me talking about shows like I Hear Your Voice, Big, Hello My Teacher, Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and such.




Witch's Romance

Now while the drama ended up being a bit lacking for me in the end, I fully enjoyed the noona romance. It's one of those rare times where I'd actually believe the two characters would stay together even after the drama is finished, because they communicated so well with one another despite their quite big age difference. It was a lovely change to see the leads treating each other with respect and being good friends besides being just lovers. Not to mention, the chemistry was downright amazing.  



Dal Ja's Spring

This is one of the classic younger man-older woman love stories in dramaland. I have to admit, I don't really remember much about the series, especially since I never fully completed it, but I still like to think back on it with fondness. It's mostly Lee Min Ki who's the attraction here, but I also just like the female lead's journey of establishing herself in her career and personal life. And nobody's seducing high school boys, so yay for that as well!


Let's Eat

If you ignore the fact that a second season was ever made (like I do) you can definitely count this one as a successful noona romance. Similarly to the previous two, the leads are friends before they actually start developing feelings, which I kinda really like. While the romance isn't the sexiest out there today, it's surprisingly squeeworthy in certain parts and very cute in others. Overall, just a very lovely and easy-going noona romance without any unnecessary angst.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.