POPdramatic's 30-Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 19

Sunday, June 26, 2016



Day 19: Drama that started your obsession with a particular actor/actress.

I'm not sure if obsession is the word I would use in my case, because I don't get super obsessed with actors/actresses, as in watch anything and everything they're in and organize my entire internet existence around them, but I do get very attached to them and follow their works as much as I can. 

For this post, I chose actors who really came out of nowhere for me and shot up right into my bias-list with just one role.


Jo Jung Suk in What's Up?

You already know this, so forgive me for being redundant, but What's Up? was the start of my love for Jo Jung Suk. In fact, the drama brought my attention to a whole ensemble of actors - Im Joo Hwan, Im Joo Eun, Kim Ji Won, Lee Soo Hyuk - that I still adore, but Jo Jung Suk was the one who really ran away with my heart with his hilarious yet endearing scene-stealer role as Kim Byung Gun. And when he sang, I died. 


Ji Chang Wook in Healer

Considering the popularity of Healerhad, I'm obviously not the only one who suddenly became very aware of Ji Chang Wook's existence. But what was great about Ji Chang Wook's role in Healer was that he kinda, in a way, got to portray two different characters, playing the part of a bumbling rookie reporter by day and kicking ass as a disguised vigilante by night. So he really got a chance to play around with the character and, as a result, it was really hard not to fall in love with the actor portraying him. As an added plus, he was just really attractive in the show.


Choi Jin Hyuk in Panda and Hedgehog

Okay, you might think I'm crazy to be mentioning a drama as bad as this, but it was what got me into Choi Jin Hyuk. Now the entire drama was very juvenile and even the actors acted oddly childlike, which can be either very cute or very off-putting (depending on what you expect from this show), but somehow Choi Jin Hyuk managed to leave an impression on me nevertheless. The drama had no real plot and the irrelevant female lead seemed like a tedious obstacle for the bromance, but Choi Jin Hyuk was dorky and had a disarming smile. I was weak, okay?


Park Seo Joon in Witch's Romance

This was a case where I looked at the drama posters and went like "eh, I dunno if I like this guy" and then got caught totally offguard when I actually started watching the show. Aside from the chemistry between the main leads (which was insane), the best thing about the drama was undoubtedly Park Seo Joon. Not only did he play the swooniest, the sweetest, the most dateable guy ever, the actor himself was just so darn charming in the role. Seriously, not liking him would have been equal to kicking a puppy. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Boys Over Flowers Got me obsessed with Kim Hyun-joong

    ReplyDelete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.