POPdramatic's 30-Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 16

Thursday, June 23, 2016



Day 16:  Drama that ruined your fondness for an actor/actress you previously liked.

Oh, this is easy-peasy. 


Lee Min Ho in The Heirs

Truthfully, Lee Min Ho was one of the very first Korean actors that I liked. Though yeah, it was mostly because the first K-drama I ever watched was Boys Over Flowers and Lee Min Ho was in it. Also, despite the tragic hair, I thought Gu Jun Pyo was hot, so that tooo had a certain influence. I never really became a huge fan of Lee Min Ho, but I also never I would have expected that, at one point, a drama would come along, put him in a collection of ugly sweaters and make me develop a serious allergy towards him. But that's what happened. 


These days I seriously cannot look at screencaps of Lee Min Ho in the drama without having this immediate "eww" reaction to him, which sounds awful, but it's kinda true. It's partly because of the off-putting way he was styled in The Heirs, but also because I couldn't stand the character of Kim Tan at all by the end of it and it didn't help that Lee Min Ho's performance was pretty underwhelming on top of it. 

So while Kim Eun Sook's writing ruined a lot of things within the drama, it was my opinion of Lee Min Ho the actor that ended up suffering the most. I do hope he'll redeem himself with another, much better project in the future (preferably with something that's totally unlike what he's done before). In the meantime, though, I'll just keep a safe distance from anything that reminds me of Kim Tan and his fugly sweaters.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.