POPdramatic's 30-Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 11

Saturday, June 18, 2016



Day 11: Drama pairing that you thought would have great chemistry, but they didn't.

Today I'm lazy, so let's just get into it. Here are drama pairings that didn't quite have the chemistry I expected from them:


The Moon Embracing The Sun

This show did the mistake of setting up the cutest young romance between the kid versions of our leads (played by Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Yoo Jung), and then failed to get the adults to emulate the chemistry the kids had delivered beforehand. I don't know if it was all on Han Ga In, who seemed to be miscast from the start, but her and Kim Soo Hyun just didn't seem to get it right, and so, as fast as I fell in love with the show, I fell out of love with it. 


High Society

With this one I'm not sure if it was chemistry or the writing that really ruined this pairing for me, because the romance did seem rushed from the start. However, it was an odd case where in the promo material the leads, Sung Joon and UEE, seemed to have all the chemistry in the world, but as it turned out it just didn't translate to the screen. It was not necessarily that they looked awkward together, but it was not what the promos had promised, so it was rather disappointing.


That Winter, The Wind Blows

To be honest, I only watched a couple of episodes of this series, so when I say Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo didn't have much chemistry, I might not know what I'm talking about. Still, there was distinct disconnect that I felt with this pairing, and thus, I found really hard to get into the romance and dropped the show. On paper, these two were both really attractive people who should have been perfect together (and they did look perfect), but on screen the pairing lacked some serious spark.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.