The Sisterhood Thingy!

Saturday, May 02, 2015


Time for another blogging award/chain-letter thingy. Thanks for Chunkeemonkeeato for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

I actually got the nomination quite a while ago during my blogging hiatus and so I had to put it on hold. But now I'm back and ready to answer some questions.

Questions from Chunkeemonkeeato:

1. If you had the time to watch an old K-Drama, what would you watch?

Oh, I could name a bunch of older dramas I'd like to watch if I had time for them. One of the recent recommendations I got was Couple or Trouble/Fantasy Couple, perhaps the lesser known Hong sisters drama. I've been also wanting to finish Dal Ja's Spring once and for all, but I never have time to do that. 


BUT I have an even better answer for this question. The one truly old drama that I want to watch is Feelings (1994). I actually started the drama a few years back and it was surprisingly enjoyable, despite the cringeworthy fashion choices. In fact, I think it has better quality than most of the early 2000s dramas. So I'd very much like to go back and finish it sometime.

2. If there was one Korean celebrity you’d want to do an exclusive feature for on your blog, who would it be?  What questions would you ask?

Okay, so the first people to pop into my mind were of course T.O.P., Choi Jin Hyuk and Ji Chang Wook, but that's my fangirl brain talking. 


As a better choice, I'd want to do an exclusive feature with Jo Jung Suk. I luff him. It's hard to think of specific questions I'd want to ask him, but since I really love his acting style I'd ask about his approach to making a character come alive. 

3.Name a critically bad K-Drama that you can’t help liking.  What are the reasons why you like this K-Drama?  (Can totally state superficial reasons like the hero is swoonworthy.)

Oddly enough, I can't think of any. Sure, I've had dramas I really liked that weren't popular with most audiences, but none of them were labelled as outright bad. 

I guess I generally don't fall in love with dramas that I know are bad, even if they have some elements that I really like (for instance, an extra swoonworthy hero). The overall quality tends to affect my enjoyment enough to judge a drama fairly, more or less. Or at least I'd like to think so.  

4.Is there a K-Drama that you think would be a great drama to adapt into an American (or Canadian, British, etc.) series?  If so, which one and why?

I quite fancied the idea of American adaptions for Nine: Nine Times Time Travel and God's Gift: 14 Days. I see both dramas as be pretty easy to remake, but I don't know if that's the plan anymore.


I'd personally would also propose White Christmas because I can see American TV doing creepy mystery pretty well. And why not an American version of the Reply series? That would require a lot of changes because the pop culture stuff is entirely different, but the current generations would totally dig the nineties nostalgia. 

5.You’re having a party.  What kind of party would you have (e.g. sophisticated dinner party or crazy house party) and which cast of K-Drama characters would you invite?

I'd have a chill house party and I'd invite: Joseon F4 from Rooftop Prince (to bring the funnies), main cast from Let's Eat season 1( to bring the food), Eye Candy from Shut Up: Flower Boy Band (to bring the music), the whole gang from Reply 1997 (I want to fangirl alongside Shi Won) and the newbie gang from Misaeng (cause I think they need a day off).

My nominees?

It seems that most people have already done their Sisterhood posts, so I'm not gonna nominate anyone specific. But if you feel like answering in the comments, I have three questions for anyone who reads this post:

What are you watching?

What are you reading?

What are you listening?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I would like to hang out with Shi won too. I rewatched Reply 1997 just last month.
    I'm watching Falling for innocence, School 2015 and Angry mom.
    I read Sophie Kinsella's I've got your number after I saw it at a local bookstore.
    I'm listening to the first part of the School 2015 ost - Reset. It sounds amazing.
    Have a great day ^~^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love "Reset". A great song, isn't it? I really like the drama too, it has been really interesting so far.

      Delete
  2. Love your answers! Thanks for sharing. Btw, if you start up Feelings again and you want the OST, let me know. ;) Now, answers to your questions. Watching - A lot actually. I still have to catch up on all my American dramas. Soo behind. But as for the K-Dramas, I'm watching Heard it Through the Grapevine, Hwajung, The Girl Who Sees Smells, Super Daddy Yeol (just finished it actually), Missing Noir M and planning to start Ex-Girlfriend Club. Reading - I'm in the midst of reading the Misaeng graphic novels/webtoon series. Listening - Jinusean's "Tell Me Once More" (http://wp.me/p1HuIV-2Z7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really are watching a lot. I'm only managing a few shows at the moment, but I think that's going to change this month. So many new dramas coming out that I wanna watch. Ex-GF Club included ;)

      Ohh, you're reading Misaeng? I wonder if they have it in English somewhere...dare I even hope? Yeah, probably not.

      Jinusean's "Tell Me Once More" is so fun!

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.