Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk to Romance Each Other in Oh My Ghost

Wednesday, May 06, 2015


You did good, tvN. You did good. *pat, pat, pat*

Indeed, it has just been announced that the upcoming tvN drama Oh My Ghost has confirmed its two main leads to be Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk. Excuse me, while I go do my happy dance.

Oh My Ghost comes from the team behind High School King of Savvy and tells the story of a shy and timid kitchen assistant Na Bong Sun (Park Bo Young) who has the ability to see ghosts. She has a crush on arrogant star chef Kang Sun Woo (Jo Jung Suk), whom she works for. One day, Bong Sun is possessed by a seductress ghost Shin Soo Ae. Cue hijinks.

Judging from the plot summary, I think we're in for a fun ride. The premise seems to suggest a double role for Park Bo Young like they had for Seo In Guk in High School King, so that already promises a lot of comedic happenings.  There are also obvious similarities to The Master's Sun as well, which I don't mind because I liked that show a lot. Of course, it's still early to tell what the end-product will be like, but I hope it's going to be good enough for my two sweeties.  


Also worth noting is that this will be a first leading role in a drama for Park Bo Young, who has appeared more in films rather than dramas. But I don't think her transition from film to drama will be very difficult. She's as cute as a button and I bet it will be hilarious to see her play a lustful seductress ghost in the drama. And because of her youthful looks, I feel like her chemistry with Jo Jung Suk will be quite similar to what he had with IU in You're The Best, Lee Soon Shin - adorable and sweet. Though this time Jo Jung Suk will have a slightly smaller age gap with his leading lady as Park Bo Young is 10 years younger than him (versus his 13-year age gap with IU). 

Oh My Ghost will premiere in July, taking over the Friday-Saturday time slot that will be occupied by Ex-Girlfriend Club that begins airing this weekend.

Via Soompi and Asianwiki

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.