Meet POPdramatic!

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Yeorobun, meet POPdramatic.

POPdramatic is the same familiar Between Wor(L)ds you know, only in a brand new outfit with brand new features (guuuuys, we have a slidy thingy!). So don't you worry, blog content will still be the same.

While I gave a heads up on the blog makeover, I deliberately kept you in the dark about the blog title change which might surprise some of you. After all, Between Wor(L)ds had served me well in the drama blogosphere for over three years and I made no hint about retiring the name anytime soon. But the idea of a new blog title has been on my mind for quite a while because I've always felt that I didn't think the blog naming process through when I first started out (of course, my blog URL was in an even worse state).

I went through a lot of names before coming up with the current one because this time I wanted to make sure I'm not half-assing this. 

Coming up with a new blog title is hard, guise.
Firstly, I wanted the new blog title to instantly reflect what this blog is about, which is something I think Between Wor(L)ds didn't really do. 

Secondly, I wanted something catchy and easy to remember. 

And thirdly, I didn't want the new title to be too similar to other blogs. My first ideas all started with the word "drama" and even though I got several pretty decent names in that manner, I kept feeling like I was copying other bloggers who've already claimed the best "drama"-combinations. 

So when I came up with POPdramatic, it seemed to fit my main criteria just right. While POPdramatic isn't the most clever combination of "K-pop" and "dramas", it's short, doesn't seem to be copying anyone and it gives you an instant idea what the blog is about. That sounds like a winner. Or at least I think so.

Say goodbye to Ji Chang Wook banner. His job here is done.
Anyways, now I'm curious to know how you guys are feeling about the new changes? Do you like the new theme? Or maybe you miss anything about the old blog (such as this banner right above)? Do tell me. And if you're a blogger, why not share your own blog-naming story in the comments.  

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Congrats! I love the new name which instantly tells about the content & sounds funky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Snow :) Also, I'm really glad you had time to answer my Sunshine Award questions over at your blog.

      Delete
  2. "guuuuys, we have a slidy thingy!", ha ha. Congrats on the new blog! Yay for a fresh start and an exciting future for POPdramatic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And lol, was I too excited about the slidy thingy? :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, congratulations on the makeover! And the new name! I didn't expect the name change but it suits your blog content ;)

    I'll definitely miss the Healer, though..still, the new theme is simple and clean. Me likey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! I'm glad you approve :)

      Delete
  4. I love the name!! And congrats on the revamp! *throws confetti* Loving all the pink hahah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confetti much appreciated ;) Yeah the pink looks quite nice, doesn't it?

      Delete
  5. Whoa, the new site looks so awesome! Congrats! I love the new name, it has a really nice ring to it. It looks fresh and clean but cute at the same time (probably because of the pink, which I think is a really nice touch). It also looks so professional. I'm jealous of your skillz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;)

      But trust me when I say there were no "skillz" involved. It took me forever to find a template that I could actually edit to my liking cause my skills in HTML are practically non-existent. So all this was done through the method of trial and error. And one of the reasons I used pink was precisely because it came with the template and I didn't want to mess with HTML again to change colours. But pink looks good, so I'm happy with it ;)

      Delete
  6. Woot, congrats on the site makeover!! :D New look AND new name!! I didn't see the new name coming, really! Everything looks great and popdramatic is easy to remember and quite catchy too :) Way to go!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you ;) Yeah, I kept the name changing plan a secret, but I'm glad you like the new name :P

      Delete
  7. Haven't visited you in a while, but congrats on the site makeover! It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An nyeong! First time visitor. Nice blog. I love the uncluttered soft look and feel. Catchy name that makes sense! And thanks for adding me to your blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annyeong and thank you :)

      I just recently discovered your blog and I am only happy to add yours to my blogroll. You have a lovely writing style and your posts are easy to read, so keep up the good work. And of course, it's always nice to find new drama bloggers I haven't yet had the pleasure to meet :)

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.