Video of the Day [Throwback Edition]: Big Bang - A Good Man Live

Thursday, November 06, 2014


Today's Video of the Day is kind of a throwback edition as my pick comes from year 2009 which was actually five years ago, can you believe it? God, time flies.

Anyways, while YG is trolling fans with cryptic math equations in the interwebs and not giving any updates on that Big Bang comeback that was supposed to happen AGES ago (Sorry for being pissy, but I just think it would be awkward if they released the album when I'm like 80 and my grandchildren are like, "Gran, what's that weird music you're listening to? Wait, why are these old Asian people wearing guyliner?"), I found myself searching Youtube for Big Bang videos and came across this awesome live performance that I had forgotten about. 

The song is "A Good Man" from Big Bang's mini album Stand Up (2008). It is actually one of my favourite songs ever from the group and I still listen to it to this day. It has a unique sound to it and despite being a more serious song, it doesn't veer too much into the dramatic ballad territory. 

The performance is amazing. What I like most is how all of the members seem really into the song, but of course T.O.P. in particular. The man seems his normal statue-like self at the beginning of the performance, but once his part comes up he delivers his raps with fierce passion and dedication. It's just so magnificent. 

And for our convenience, the video also includes English translation of the lyrics which, by the way, were written by T.O.P. himself.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow, TOP rawks. He's so intense and sexy when he rocks out like that. Love! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's amazing in this performance. And indeed, there's nothing sexier than a person who's passionate about what they do.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is a throwback. But I love it! It's still one of the few BB songs that whenever it comes on my shuffle, I NEVER skip. I do that pretty frequently with a lot of songs, but I'm always in the mood for this thing. :)
    Now when are we getting a comeback, huh? I almost don't even feel a part of the VIP fandom anymore, it's been so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even get me started on that. I am so bitter that we have no news about that comeback. I remember it was initially supposed to happen sometime in the summer, but then got pushed back to the end of the year and now December's coming and yet there are no news. And I am angry that YG has time for everything else, even GD&Taeyang duo, but no time for Big Bang.

      I know I'm being super pissy about it, but I can't help it. I just miss Big Bang.

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.