Criminals Fight Crime in OCN's October Drama Bad Guys

Tuesday, September 02, 2014


Cable network OCN has been a home for dark and stylish crime thrillers for a while now, consistently bringing something entirely different to the table in drama land. While I'm personally not a big fan of the crime genre, it certainly makes me happy that at least one channel produces dramas for that kind of audiences.

The newest addition to OCN's crime drama collection will be Bad Guys. The series will revolve around a police detective Oh Goo Tak (Kim Sang Joong) who is given a task to form a special team of criminals that can help police forces to catch other baddies still roaming around. The three criminals who make the team are: gangster Park Woong Cheol (Ma Dong Suk), contract killer Jung Tae Soo (Jo Dong Hyuk) and genius psychopath Lee Jung Moon (Park Hae Jin). Also to join them is police inspector Yoo Mi Young (Kang Ye Won).

The idea, while not completely original, definitely sounds like fascinating way to spice up a regular crime drama, which is a very good thing in my eyes. Like I said, I'm not too interested in the crime genre and most of American TV procedurals simply bore the hell out of me. Unless the show has a very unique angle or particularly awesome characters, I usually won't even bother to give it a chance. 


That being said, I've always liked OCN's approach to the genre and I occasionally have wanted to check one or the other show out, if just out of curiosity. So far, I haven't been very successful in that, though. Mostly I just haven't found the time for OCN dramas in my already packed drama watching schedule, which is a shame really because I could totally see myself getting into some of them. For that same reason I cannot exactly promise to watch Bad Guys when it airs, but I will say this - I am intrigued.




The released teasers/trailers and stills give a pretty stylish glimpse into the drama, promising suspense and chills (perhaps even a bit of humor). Although this is not a horror drama, I could see it being a little twisted and creepy, considering that one of our main characters is a psychopath. And while procedural stuff is not really my thing, then creepy stuff definitely is. Give me intriguing characters on top of that and I might just tune into this.

Bad Guys premiers on October 4th, airing on Saturdays.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.