''The Era of the Sword has Ended'' for the Joseon Cowboy Lee Jun Ki

Monday, June 02, 2014


I am in completely love with this poster!

Seriously though, my expectations for the Summer fusion sageuk Joseon Gunman just went from zero to thousand. It may sound odd but that's exactly what a good poster can do. 


The drama tells the story of a master swordsman's son Park Yoon Kang (Lee Jun Ki), who picks up a gun to take revenge for the death of his father and sister. On the difficult journey, his paths cross with Jung Soo In (Nam Sang Mi), a sheltered but strong-willed woman who is working towards a better world. 

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

Jung Soo In (Nam Sang Mi) 

To be honest, so far I was feeling rather neutral about the drama. Mainly my disinterest was because of the disappointment in the sageuk genre last year, so I was afraid of building up expectations for Joseon Gunman, even after hearing it's being directed by Kim Jung Min who also directed The Princess' Man, which I loved. Although I was also very pleased with the casting choices, my plan was to turn my attention to other upcoming shows and make my judgement about Joseon Gunman only once it airs. 

Too late for that now, obviously. Because of this irritatingly gorgeous poster I am expecting the series to be as good as The Princess' Man. No, I want it to be even better. I want badass Joseon cowboys and Western style shootouts and bar fights and...oh, I just want it to be awesome. Can I please have that?

Unfortunately tortuously long wait is ahead of us, as Joseon Gunman will premiere at the end of the month on June 25th. It takes over KBS2's Wed. & Thu 21:55 time slot currently occupied by Golden Cross

Via Soompi, Daum

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.