Fresh Stills From the Set of Fated to Love You

Friday, May 30, 2014

And the first official stills from the upcoming Korean remake of 2008 Taiwanese hit drama Fated to Love You have arrived. The romcom tells the story of a very ordinary and plain-looking working class girl who has a one-night stand with a wealthy company successor and gets pregnant, eventually leading to arranged marriage. 

In these fresh stills, we get a peek of our leads Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara finally in character. 


Jang Hyuk plays Lee Gun, a successful but arrogant chaebol of a large company, who struts into a room in a beige summer suit and sunglasses like he owns the place (though, it's likely that he actually does). Jang Hyuk's look for this drama is totally different from the manly image he is known for the past 12 years as it's been mostly action dramas for him since Successful Story of a Bright Girl. I was a little taken aback when I first saw his long wavy hair for the role of Lee Gun, but looking at these pictures I have to admit that I don't completely hate it. Could be worse, I guess.



Meanwhile, Jang Nara looks like she was made to portray the naive post-it girl Kim Mi Young because she totally reminds me of Chen Qiao En/Joe Chen in the original FTLY. She's like a cute little mouse girl, as she hands out the morning coffee in the office where she's working in. But while her personality is supposed to be plain, her wardrobe doesn't seem that shabby actually. She looks nerdy in those oversized glasses, but I like her brightly coloured clothes. Kinda looking a bit like season 4 Ugly Betty there.

So far we haven't had any stills of the second leads played by Choi Jin Hyuk (why must you torture me so, drama gods?!) and Wang Ji Won, but I guess some photos of them in character will also be revealed in the coming weeks.



Although these first stills look quite promising, I have several concerns about the drama itself. I have seen the first half of the Taiwanese FTLY and there were numerous things that bothered me about it. Not gonna spoil anyone, but let's just say that the drama took melodramatic turns in the middle that I REALLY don't want to see in a romcom. And I sincerely hope the Korean version will not solve the one-night stand in the same way as the original did. Not to mention, the love-making scene in the original was one of the most cringe-worthy scenes I've ever seen in a drama (*shivers*). I think tor the Korean remake to work, some serious changes need to be made. Fingers crossed.

Fated to Love You will begin airing in July, taking over MBC's Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55 time slot which is currently occupied by A New Leaf.

Via Soompi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.