WGM's Woojung Couple Eun Jung and Lee Jang Woo Possibly Reunite for an Upcoming Movie

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Guys, I actually really want this casting to happen. Ham Eun Jung and Lee Jang Woo were the last We Got Married couple I loved, and after their departure I haven't really watched the show because I missed them so much. And this casting could be the closest we could be to the WGM fantasy coming true. And no, I'm not being delusional. Or maybe just a little bit.

The movie in question is the fourth installment of the My Boss gangster comedy series (My Boss, My Hero in 2001; My Boss, My Teacher in 2006 and The Maffia, The Salesman in 2007) and it follows a somewhat dense gangster Gye Do Shik who tackles a different profession in each movie in order to become a more adequate leader to his gang. The newest installation is called My Boss, The Beginning, which probably means it will focus on the earlier days of Do Shik's criminal career, and the filming begins in this summer. 

I haven't seen any of the previous movies, but at this moment it's all beside the point - I want my WGM couple to make a movie together. Just for old times sake.


At the moment, only Eun Jung's casting as the female lead has been confirmed, while Lee Jang Woo alongside with Son Ho Joon (who we all remember as Haitai from Answer Me 1994) are still being considered for their roles. If both guys are also confirmed, then Jang Woo will be the lead character Do Shik, while Ho Joon would take on a supporting role. 

Another thing that makes this news notable is the fact that this is the first acting role for Eun Jung after the unfortunate T-ara bullying scandal in 2012 and her subsequent withdrawal from the lead actress role in Five Fingers. It was an ugly controversy and she received a lot of hate for it, but I still think that SBS's sudden decision to replace her with Jin Se Yeon, although Eun Jung was already featured in all of the promotional materials, was such a shitty thing do. It was particularly jerk-move from SBS because I remember them announcing at first how they won't let their casting decisions be affected by T-ara's scandal, but not long after that they dropped Eun Jung like a hot potato. Not cool.

Anyways, I do hope Eun Jung will be able to make a nice comeback into acting. She isn't the best idol-actress in the industry but she has shown some potential in her previous roles and I think K-entertainment owes her that leading role. 

Via Dramabeans, HanCinema

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. OMG!!!!!! I hope x infinity that they will pair up~ I looooooove Woojung couple too! And I miss them loads *high five*

    ReplyDelete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.