Between Wor(L)ds' 2nd Birthday!

Sunday, October 27, 2013


Whaddya know, Between Wor(L)ds has turned two! That's right, you guys, today two years ago I made my first post to this blog. 

Actually, it's kind of amazing to think that I've been blogging for two years. and yet I still feel like an utter newbie in the Asian drama blogosphere that is filled with so many talented writers. I constantly try to think of new ways to improve things around here. From the basic stuff, like trying to write better reviews, to technical stuff. like how to design a layout that is easier to navigate. And if I don't have time to actually write new posts, I still spend time on making pretty banners and reading/answering comments. By now I've realized that blogging is a very time-consuming hobby. And it's not always easy either.

BUT I've never had regrets over creating Between Wor(L)ds. It has always been fun for me (though, it is less fun when I have to battle with Blogger's HTML codes). I've never felt like I should quit this. I've had slower times, but I always come back and feel just as excited and just as inspired as ever. It must be love, I guess. 

It makes me proud to think that after about 5 years of watching Asian dramas, about 4 years of listening to K-pop, and 2 years of blogging I am still as passionate. I don't know how if drama-watching and K-pop is just a phase, but I know that all of this has already had such an influence on me and who I am. I'd like to think that I've become less judgemental about the world around me thanks to watching dramas and learning about cultures so different from mine. Broad-minded thinking is not the only thing I've gained through dramas and blogging. As I am a student of English language and literature (also non-native speaker), I  feel like analysing and writing commentary on dramas has improved my language and writing skills. I know I am not the best writer here in the blogosphere, not even by a long shot, but blogging has definitely made me more comfortable with writing in English overall. 


For all that alone, I could never look back on this period of my life and say that I've wasted time. Of course, being an Asian drama fangirl isn't exactly a healthy lifestyle (the sleepless nights, ignored social activities, avoided responsibilities etc) but I've come to terms with the fact that to be a true drama enthusiast you must make certain sacrifices. But it's all okay, as long as you have such a wonderful support group here like I do. I've found this wonderful drama community here, and this might be the best thing of all that I've gained through blogging.

So that's why I just want to say this - my fellow drama-bloggers, blog followers/readers/lurkers, and Twitter friends - let us continue to support each other through all the writer's blocks and drama slumps, through every second lead syndrome and K-pop fever. You are all awesome! We are all awesome. And just a big thanks to you for joining me on this crazy journey!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Our blogs share the same birthday! Haha omg what awesome coincidence. I just wrote a Happy Anniversary entry for mine and then I saw this :D

    Congrats to you and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a funny coincidence. Now I will always remember to congratulate you as well when it's my blog's birthday :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! 2 years!! That's quite a milestone, Indigo!!! Happy 2nd blogoversary!!! *pops champagne* I LOVE that you're still as enthusiastic, 2 years on.. That takes true passion, and so many bloggers drop out after the first year (or so I'm told).. Keep that k-fire burnin', chingu!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kfangurl!

      I know that I've been busier lately with real life stuff, but my enthusiasm to blog is just the same as it was two years ago. And now after two years, it would be a shame to let it all go to waste just because I don't have as much free time as I used to. The blog must go on!

      Delete
  3. 2 years, that's awesome. Congratulations! I like your point about becoming less judgemental and more broadminded; I feel the same way. It's definitely one of the best things to come out of this asian drama obsession :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caitlyn!

      I think that because us dramafans are becoming less judgemental thanks to our drama watching, the atmosphere in our lovely drama community is also quite friendly and accepting.

      Delete
  4. I'm late, but Happy Birthday Between Worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happppy Birthdaaaaaaaaaay!

    ❀‿❀ ♥‿♥ ❀‿❀

    It's amazing that it was around a year back this day that I congratulated your blog on its1st bday! And that was my 1st evar comment in the blogosphere. Since then I've been putting foot in my mouth some more, but you're my first blogosphere buddy. Chekkim jusaeyo, Indigo-shi!

    So true, what you said, about this experience influencing who you are as a person. And improving one's writing, on the side. "For all that alone, I could never look back on this period of my life and say that I've wasted time."

    Sengil, chukha heyo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maybee! I'm glad that I was the first one to pull you into our lovely drama community, and it has been utter pleasure having you around :)

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.