30 Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 30

Sunday, August 18, 2013


Day 30
WHICH ASIAN DRAMA ARE YOU ANTICIPATING FOR THE NEXT SEASON?

And we've finally reached the end. Yeah, it took to me a lot more than just 30 days to finish this challenge, but at least I can say that I answered all my questions very thoroughly. I have to admit that the last ten days got a little bit tedious because I felt like I was talking about the same dramas over and over again, but I am still glad that I did it. The questions were fun (though sometimes a bit difficult) to answer to and they helped me to get a better overview of my likes and dislikes about Asian dramas. And I also hope that thanks to the challenge you now know what kind of a drama addict I am. 

So now on to the final question...

I just recently did a post on dramas that I was anticipating for August 2013, which included Who Are You?, Master’s Sun and Two Weeks. But I guess they don’t really count as dramas for the next season since they are all airing already. But there is another drama that I am anticipating, and I’m pretty sure that it isn't hard to guess which one. Yup, it's The Heirs. Or should I call it by its literal title: The One Trying to Wear the Crown, Withstand the Weight – The Heirs. Now that's a mouthful. 


The reason why I am anticipating this show is simply because I'm curious how this is going to turn out. The cast of this drama is absolutely ridiculous, as in ridiculously star-studded. I mean, we've got Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Woo Bin, Kang Ha Neul, CN Blue's Min Hyuk and f(x)'s Krystal. It can be a good thing, but it can also be a case where big names can simply amount to nothing when the script sucks (see IRIS, Athena, IRIS 2). The writer for Heirs is Kim Eun Sook, who has written two really popular dramas Secret Garden and A Gentleman's Dignity, but both of those dramas kinda got on my nerves a bit, so I'm feeling sceptical already. There is also the fact that the drama is going to be set in a school, which I feel is a wrong setting for some of these actors, particularly our lead Lee Min Ho who looks too old to be playing high-schoolers. Park Shin Hye is also starting to grow out of these younger roles and I would rather see her in a more mature role instead. Even Kim Woo Bin as a high-schooler is a stretch for me, although he did School 2013 at the beginning of the year. 


The whole premise of this show seems, as mentioned by other bloggers already, rather similar to Boys Over Flowers because of its extensive flower boy cast, school setting, the fact that the characters are rich heirs and heiresses, and of course because of the Lee Min Ho factor. For these similarities alone, the whole dramaworld is probably anxiously waiting just to see whether the show brings us something new, or if it fails miserably as the BOF wannabe. I'm curious.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yay for completing the challenge! Is that Rain and an explosion to end this with a bang? hah!

    I lurked through all your answers and am really amazed at your ability to not complete shows!

    I mean, 30-40 out of about 200? Wow. When I start a story I need to know how it ends, no matter how sucky the actual tale.

    So, yeah, I now think of you as a very fickle drama viewer, Ms 4D Go Doo-yi! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's Rain. I had to go out with a bang. It's a scene from Fugitive Plan B which was meant to look super cool, and it was pretty cool, but it was still such a cliche scene.

      You're right, I, Ms Go Doo-yi (XD), am a very fickle drama viewer. But at least thanks to my fickleness I save time that I would otherwise waste on dramas that no longer interest me. Better save that precious time for those true crack-dramas.

      Delete
  2. OH DENG! You finished the challenge! Congratulations!

    Heirs is the only drama I know of that's coming up, and it's also on my watch list :) I'm very excited since I pretty much know the whole cast, and I love seeing familiar faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a long way to go but I did it :D :D

      Even if I wanted to, I probably couldn't miss Heirs. It has too many people I love in it. I don't know whether it'll suck or not, but I am waiting to find out.

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.