30 Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 28

Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 28
FAVOURITE QUOTE FROM AN ASIAN DRAMA

Okay, I'm cheating a bit (again). The question that I initially was supposed to answer today was Favourite thing about your favourite actor/actress, but I feel I already answered this question in day 15 and 16 posts. So I decided not to repeat myself and chose a new question from another version of this challenge. I hope it's okay.

As you might know, I like to include memorable quotes from dramas to my reviews and so I tend to write them down right when I hear them in the series. So there are a lot. But instead of choosing an all time favourite quote I just browsed through my notes and chose a small selection of quotes that I like. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 Litre of Tears

Haruto: "For me, as long as it's you saying it, it doesn't matter how slowly you say it, I'll still listen. If you can't talk over the phone, then I'll come see you, just like this. If you want to walk, not matter how slow it'll be, I'll walk with you."
---
Aya: "What’s wrong with falling down? Because as long as I stand back up again it’ll be just fine. If you look up at the sky after falling down. The blue sky is also today, stretching timelessly and smiles at me. People shouldn’t dwell on the past. It’s enough to try your best for all that your doing now."

Dream High

Sam Dong: "Do you know what it means to become an adult? It means there’s less and less to smile about. So we’ll have to smile even more, even if we have to force it."
---
Sam Dong: "From the beginning, you were music to me, and music was you. That’s why I came this far. If you’re not there, there is no music."

Nice Guy

Jae Hee: "People, you see… are ruthless and foolish. When they’re young, in order to have money and power, they give up everything like health and youth. And when they get sick, become old, and have all the money and power… in order to find their health and youth again, they spend all of the wealth they’ve wasted so much energy and time to accumulate."

What's Up?

Sun Woo: "People say the stage is a fake world. No way. It’s the stage where it has to be real. Everyone is watching there. You can’t fool them. It’s harder to find the real stuff in the real world. Everyone is just full of crap. So whenever you feel real emotions, remember it well. It’s really precious."

49 Days

Ji Hyun: "This today of yours is the precious tomorrow of someone who passed away yesterday."

White Christmas

Yoon Soo: "It's an honor. Someone hates me so much that they want to die. It's polite to be there when it happens, right?"
---
Mi Reu: "If you really hate someone, you don’t make it obvious. It’s only when you dislike them that you pick fights and swear at them; that’s when people know. If you really hate someone, it’s done in secret. Not even the one being hated knows."

King 2 Hearts 

Jae Ha's Mother: "People are like that. They’re so childish that once you start countering every word, there is no end or limit in sight. Weaknesses? Secrets? You start seeing them as ways to inflict pain and grab them at any chance. You forget WHY you were fighting in the first place, and can only think of how you can inflict the most pain, scar the deepest."

Saikou no Rikon

Akari: "Hamasaki-san, you told me this once: "People who keep asking if someone is doing alright are annoying as hell! Some people live their entire lives in a state of not doing alright. Here I am, content with my sub-par life, and some annoying jackass asks me if I'm doing ok!"
---
Mitsuo: "It's like a large jump rope. and it's constantly being swung. Everyone is jumping on the inside. They tell me to join them. I do, and immediately trip on the rope, stopping the swing."
---
Ryo: "Tetris is the one game I don’t really understand. Blocks just keep falling so I keep fitting them together. When I do, they disappear. My current lifestyle feels just like that. I don’t know what I’m trying to do. I have no goal. It never ends. It just feels like I’m stringing together the days or stacking them on one another. It just, continues. "

In Time With You

You Qing: "Rely on mountains - they collapse, rely on people - they run away. Best rely on yourself."
---
Da Ren: "This seems to be a rule - the more I don't want to, the more I love."

Coffee House

Jin Soo: "Are you my publisher or my friend? Do you want to make money with me, or have fun? Do you hate me or like me? To me, you only mean one thing, but it seems you are always confused, and it’s too much for me. I think it's time we clarify our relationship."
Eun Young: "I’m your publisher and your friend. I want to make money with you and have fun with you. I want to kill you out of annoyance, but I like you too. What do you want me to do?"
Jin Soo: "How can it be like that? You broke the rules."
Eun Young: "Who made the rule? Can't I choose both?"
Jin Soo: "No. You can only choose one."

Damo

And finally the famous line "Are you in pain? ...I am hurting, too" from Damo, a drama which I haven't seen, but the quote has already been ruined for me thanks to watching Shinhwa Broadcast. Here below is Hyesung's hilarious try at the villainous version of Damo's quote. It is glorious.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't seen 49 Days, but I really like that quote. I imagine it was being said to someone who was complaining about life, and it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love that quote. It really makes you think about the value of being alive.

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.