30 Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 22

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 22
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE ASIAN DRAMAS?

I think these posts are getting rather repetitive because I keep talking about the same dramas all over again. I'm pretty sure that it has become very obvious which are my favourite shows because I've been talking about them a lot during this challenge. But, for the sake of it, let's go over it again.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Shut Up: Flower Boy Band - One of the best-made shows about teenage angst I've ever seen. Loved the boys to death and their stories moved me to tears. Also, it has rocking music and Lee Min Ki's 2-episode cameo role was unforgettable.


What's Up? - Absolutely wonderful musical performances, awesome cast, and characters you can't help but love. Enjoyed the intertwining stories and how each character got their spotlight. Romance tugged my heart. Also, the drama that initiated my love for Jo Jung Suk


Coffee House - I appreciate how the drama took a chance and bended the rules of stereotypical K-drama romances. I loved Kang Ji Hwan as the absolutely nuts hero, and Park Si Yeon rocked my world as the most independent and confident heroine in a K-drama. The kisses were HOT.


One Litre of Tears - I cried almost in every episode, and I never cry. The story is absolutely heartbreaking, but also inspirational. The family stuff  and the friendship-almost-love relationship between Aya and Haruto warmed my heart. Unfortunately, because it's based on a true story, there is no happy ending to this.


Answer Me 1997 - This show took my heart and ran away with it. The most nostalgic, life-like and heartwarming drama I've seen yet. The characters are nothing less than lovable, and I could almost swear that their stories are the stories of my own teenagehood. The soundtrack is marvellous.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ha ha, it was the same for me when I was doing one of the drama challenges, because you really do see the same dramas cropping up again and again.

    I really must download Coffee House, it's been on my Plan to Watch list for years but I've just never gotten to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're planning to watch Coffee House. Awesome! I just have to warn you a bit, although I really love this drama I know that I am overglorifying it a bit. I personally think it's a great drama, but I also know that people usually don't love it that much as I do. But I still recommend you to give it a try.

      Delete
    2. I've heard such mixed reviews that I'll definitely have to just watch it for myself, lol. The comments on mydramalist.com are pretty funny because they range from "WORST DRAMA EVER" to "so amazing, my favourite drama ever", ha ha

      Delete
    3. I know right. Some people hate this drama with passion, and others absolutely love it. I think the reason for such contrasting comments is that for one half of the viewers the romantic triangle didn't turn out the way they wanted to.

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.