30 Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 1

Tuesday, May 07, 2013


I've been wanting to do this 30 Day Asian Drama Challenge for quite some time, but haven't gotten around to it. But as I saw NeeNee over at Asian Addicts Anonymous doing this challenge as well, I thought there wouldn't be a better time than now. Also, there are several versions of this challenge circulating around the Internet, so don't be confused if you've seen other people doing it with different questions. I myself just picked the version I liked the most.

Day 1:
WHEN DID YOU START WATCHING ASIAN DRAMAS? 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Actually, I've already answered this question on Between Wor(L)ds' 1st Birthday post. But for the sake of it I can just retell this story again. 

Once upon a time, I was browsing the Internets and watching some Youtube videos when I suddenly came upon the opening clip from the anime Sailor Moon. I became so nostalgic because I remembered Sailor Moon from my early childhood, but since I had been so young I had never remembered the name of this cartoon until I found it on Youtube. And for nostalgia's sake I decided to watch a few episodes of the anime I used to love as a little girl. So I came upon Crunchyroll.com where there were many other animes and shows I had not heard of before (note, at that time I also wasn't aware that Japanese anime was this whole thing in the Internet). Among those shows there was a special section for Asian dramas that I initially thought kinda looked like soapy Latin-American telenovelas, only they were not...well, Latin-American. 



Eventually though, curiosity got the best of me and I decided to try one of those dramas out and so the first Asian drama I ever watched was Taiwanese show Devil Beside You, starring Mike He and Rainie Yang. Although the show seemed quite low-quality at first, I suddenly felt so sucked in this new world of Asian dramas that I craved for more. I never finished Devil Beside You, but my interest in Asian dramas didn't fade away. After watching a few other Taiwanese shows (Why Why Love, Fated to Love You) I expanded my new hobby to Japanese dramas (first ones being Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango, Gokusen) and then finally to my favourite ones - Korean dramas. Of course it was silly, but crazy-addictive Boys Over Flowers with the ever-charming Lee Min Ho that brought me over to K-dramas. After BOF I was so psyched about Korean romcoms that I immediately continued with Full House and My Girl and so on. And well, I'm sure you can guess the rest already.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. YEAh!!!
    I Think i must try this one!!
    i love asian drama so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck doing the challenge! It's fun :)

      Delete

Do share your thoughts!

Copyright © 2017 POPdramatic. Powered by Blogger.